see also resources for kids
(most materials are in PDF format)
Draw and Tell for On My Walk drawing exercise.
- Buzz About Bees Teacher’s Guide, written by Sonja Sweet (Fitzhenry and Whiteside, 2013): BuzzAboutBeesTeachersGuide.doc [5MB].
- “Transforming Storytelling in the 21st Century”, prepared by Lori Lee Sherritt, Kari-Lynn Winters, and Vetta Vratulis for NCTE © 2008 — please contact me for the download link.
- Jeffrey and Sloth Teacher’s Guide (courtesy of Orca Books Teacher’s Guides).
- Jeffrey and Sloth lesson plan, based on Ruth Culham’s Six Traits of Writing
- Tumblebooks animated read-along movie, featuring professional voice actors.
- Mrs. McGowan’s Class Jeffrey and Sloth activities: class project; kids poetry inspired by Jeffrey and Sloth; email conversations with author; activities; includes kids’ Jeffrey and Sloth Character Poems
- “Poetry Beyond Words: Creating Poetry with Linguistically and Socio-culturally Diverse Students,” Compiled by Lori Lee Sherritt and Kari-Lynn Winters for NCTE © 2007:
- Class project Authors as Mentors using the unpublished humor manuscript “O Ducky Day.” Includes teacher’s overview, kids’ art.
- Writing and Doodling classroom exercise based on Jeffrey and Sloth by Keisa Williams, online at jeffrey-and-the-sloth-by-kari-lynn-winters-book-review-lesson.
Other internet resources